Bachelor’s degree Fashion Design (Honours)
The University awarded bachelor’s degree Fashion Design is aimed at students who intend to pursue careers as Fashion and/or Textiles Designers and involves both conceptual and trend driven design work through experimentation with creative cutting techniques, traditional pattern cutting, textiles, research, illustration, business and manufacturing skills and culminates in a final professional collection show and portfolio outcome exhibition.
Accreditation: Buckinghamshire New University
Duration: 3-year full-time programme
Language: English only
Dates: September 2022 to June 2023
ECTS credits: 180
Tuition fee: € 15.500 per year*
Application fee: € 275
Admission: applications for September 2022 open on October 1st, 2021
Maximum number of students: 14
*Students with a Dutch passport and who have resided in the Netherlands for at least three of the preceding six years prior to the date of enrolment, are eligible for student finance from DUO.
It’s a Fashion Design programme with focus on Brand Development and Entrepreneurship.
The BA (Hons) Fashion Design is a programme of study designed to provide the students with a greater understanding and experience of the creative processes, knowledge base and technical skills required to enter the fashion industry. Through the study of fashion design and entrepreneurship principles the students will be ready to enter the ever changing fashion industry through numerous routes, be it a corporate environment or self-employment. Being placed within the capital of the Netherlands the programme is able to link closely with both global and SME creative industries and practitioners that resonate Amsterdam’s reputation as a creative and entrepreneurial city
MODULES YEAR 1:
- FN432 Portfolio 1: Design Awareness, Illustration, Collection Design, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, TechPacker.
- FN434AM Materials and Processes: Textiles, Realisation Techniques, Digital Illustration, Adobe Photoshop, Clo3D.
- FN401AM Historical and Contextual Studies 1: History of Culture and Fashion, Academic Writing Skill, Critical Thinking.
- FN433AM Business Studies and Entrepreneurship: Concept to Consumer & Supply Chain, Clothing Technology & Product Development, Personal Development Plan.
MODULES YEAR 2:
FN532AM Portfolio 2: Advanced Illustration, Design Processes, Textile Design, Clo3D.
FN533AM Design Realisation: Advanced Realisation Techniques, Illustration, Clo3D.
FN501AM Historical and Contextual Studies 2: Research Methods & Referencing.
FN531AM Industrial Practice in a Global Context: Personal Leadership and Internship, Business Plan and Go-to-Market Collaborative Project.
MODULES YEAR 3:
- FN603AM Professional Practice: Live Industry and Competition projects.
- FN601AM Contextual Report: Dissertation, Proposal Presentation to Examination Board.
- FN631AM Final Collection: Design, Realisation.
Step 1: Fill out the Request for Information form or sign up to an Open Day;
Step 2: We will send you more details by email and we will schedule a call or meeting with you;
Step 3: After the call or meeting, we will send you by email the Application form;
Step 4: Submit the application form; letter of motivations, digital portfolio, secondary school diploma or predicted grades.
Step 5: We will invite you to attend an Interview Day or an interview on campus or online on another date.
One of the following secondary school diplomas:
- International Baccalaureate Diploma (International schools, UK & US) minimum points of 28;
- Minimum of 2 GCE A-levels (or equivalent);
- Diploma HAVO or VWO (Netherlands);
- Abitur or Fachhochschulreife (Germany);
- Baccalauréat Technologique or Général (France);
- Diploma di istruzione liceale (Italy);
- Access to HE Diploma in an art-related programme with at least 45 credits at Level 3 (UK);
- Foundation Diploma in Art & Design (Level 3);
- Certificat d’Enseignement Secondaire Supérieur, enseignement artistique/technique or general (Belgium);
- KSO, TSO, ASO (Belgium);
- Título de Bachiller (Spain);
- Diplôme de fin d’études secondaires classiques or générales (Luxembourg);
- Berufsmaturität/ Fachmaturität/ Specialised Maturity Certificate or Maturity Certificate/ Maturitätszeugnis/ Maturitätsausweis/ Certificat de Maturité (Switzerland);
- Reife- und Diplomprüfungszeugnis or Reifezeugnis/Reifeprüfungszeugnis (Austria);
- For other countries, please contact us.
Pleased, be informed that we are not legally able to sponsor non-EU students for a study visa, as the programme is validated in the UK. Applicants must have a EU passport or Dutch resident visa to study in the BA (Hons) Fashion Design.
- Year 1: € 15.500, plus application fee € 275;
- Year 2: € 15.500;
- Year 3: € 15.500.
The Amsterdam Fashion Academy is a non-governmental and non-subsidized institute.
Dutch Nationals are eligible to receive studiefinanciering.
Fees are equal for Europen and non-European students.