Bachelor’s degree Fashion Business (Honours)
Applications for September 2022 are open!
This University awarded bachelor’s degree Fashion Business is for students who aspire to work in the fields of Marketing, campaign building, Branding, Communication, Trend & Prediction and Fashion Editorial Styling. It is a multi-disciplinary programme for dynamic individuals who wish to enhance both their creative and academic skills within the world of fashion. Through a combination of theory and hands-on practice, the programme turns students into professionals who understand the language and rules of the fashion system.
Accreditation: Buckinghamshire New University
Duration: 3-year full-time programme
Language: English only
Dates: September 2022 to June 2023
ECTS credits: 180
Tuition fee: € 15.500 per year*
Application fee: € 275
Admission: open for admission for 2022-2023 academic year
Maximum number of students: 30 students divided in small groups
*Students with a Dutch passport and who have resided in the Netherlands for at least three of the preceding six years prior to the date of enrolment, are eligible for student finance from DUO.
The BA (Hons) Fashion Business is a programme of study designed to provide the student with a greater understanding and experience of the creative processes, knowledge base, enterprise development, project management, communication and advanced technical skills required to enter the fashion industry. In addition, the course will enable students to explore the complexity of the numerous job opportunities, and the skills required for different roles within the industry. Being placed within the capital of the Netherlands the programme is able to link closely with both global and SME creative industries and practitioners that resonate Amsterdams reputation as a creative and entrepreneurial city.
The Bachelor’s degree with Honours in Fashion Business is an academic degree course with 120 UK credits (equal to 60 ECTS) per year aligned to the UK Quality Assurance Agency (QAA). This is a university level bachelor’s degree course enabling you to either move on to a master’s degree or work at graduate level in the fashion industry. Topics such as fashion business, styling, branding, project management and historical and contextual studies involve theory, research, written articles applying Harvard referencing and practical assignments, such as managing projects, organisation of photoshoots and development of communications plans. A combination of internships and industry set briefs enable you to develop a thorough understanding of market trends, promotion and professional practice. You will write dissertation in third year along with a Final Major Project demonstrating and applying your expertise. You will learn to critically evaluate current thinking regarding fashion, ethics and sustainability. The aim is to give you the knowledge and tools needed to develop intellectual and innovative thinking, together with insight, confidence and communication skills to express themselves successfully in contemporary business practice.
MODULES YEAR 1:
- FN401 Historical and Contextual Studies 1: History of Culture and Fashion, Academic Writing Skill.
- FN412 Fashion Marketing and Branding : Fashion Marketing, Fashion Branding, Visual Presentation, Digital Design.
- FN414 Introduction to Fashion Promotion and Styling: Fashion Promotion, Fashion Styling.
- FN433 Business Studies and Entrepreneurship: Clothing Technology, Product Development, Job Roles, Personal Development Plan.
MODULES YEAR 2:
- FN501 Historical and Contextual Studies 2: History of Culture and Fashion, Fashion Theory.
- FN512 Future Proofing a Fashion Business: International Business, Finance Basics.
- FN513 Global Marketing: Digital Marketing, Online Marketing, Fashion Communication.
- FN531 Industrial Practice in a Global Context: Go-To-Market Brand, Business Plan, Personal Development Plan, Insternship.
MODULES YEAR 3:
- FN601 Contextualised Dissertation: Research Methods, Dissertation, Session with Expert, Proposal Presentation to Examination Board.
- FN603 Professional Practice: Live Industry Projects.
- FN612 Final Major Project: Research and Proposal, Business Plan, Visual Outcome.
Step 1: Fill out the Request for Information form or sign up to an Open Day;
Step 2: We will send you more details by email and we will schedule a call or meeting with you;
Step 3: After the call or meeting, we will send you by email the Application form;
Step 4: Submit the application form; letter of motivations, secondary school diploma or predicted grades.
Step 5: We will invite you to attend an Interview Day or an interview on campus or online on another date. We will also send you an assignment to complete before the interview.
Please be informed that we are not legally able to sponsor non-EU students for a study visa, as the programme is validated in the UK. Applicants must have a EU passport or Dutch resident permit to study in the BA (Hons) Fashion Business.
Students must have one of the following high school diplomas:
- International Baccalaureate Diploma minimum 28 points;
- Foundation Diploma in Art & Design (Level 3);
- European Baccalaureate;
- Austria: Reife- und Diplomprüfungszeugnis or Reifezeugnis/Reifeprüfungszeugnis;
- Belgium: Certificat d’Enseignement Secondaire Supérieur, enseignement artistique/technique or general; or KSO, TSO, ASO;
- Bulgaria: Diplomaza Sredno Obrazonvaine (Diploma of Secondary Education);
- Croatia: Svjedodžba o (državnoj) maturi or Svjedodžba o zavrsnom ispitu;
- Czech Republic: Vysvědčení o maturitní zkoušce obtained at a Gymnázium;
- Denmark: Højere Handelseksamen (HHX)/Højere Teknisk Eksamen (HTX) or Studentereksamenbevis (STX)/Bevis for Højere Forberedelseseksamen (HF);
- Estonia: Gümnaasiumi lõputunnistus;
- Finland: Ylioppilastutkintotodistus/ Studentexamenbevis/ Matriculation Examination Certificate;
- France: Baccalauréat Technologique or Général;
- Germany: Zeugnis der Allgemeinen Hochschulreife (Abiturzeugnis) or Fachhochschulreife;
- Greece: Apolytirio Genikou Lykeiou;
- Hungary: Gimnáziumi Érettségi Bizonyítvány or Szakközépiskolai Érettségi-Képesítö Bizonyítvány;
- Ireland: Leaving Certificate with at least 5 subjects of the established programme, including 5 subjects with at least O6 or H7, and at least 200 CAO points; or Leaving Certificate with at least 6 subjects of the established programme, including at least 2 subjects with H5 or higher, 4 subjects with at least O6 or H7, and at least 350 CAO points.
- Italy: Diploma di Superamento dell’Esame di Stato Conclusivo dei Corsi di Istruzione Secondario Superiore (liceo classico / scientifco / linguistico / scienze umane);
- Lithuania: Brandos Atestatas;
- Luxembourg: Diplôme de fin d’études secondaires classiques or générales;
- Netherlands: MBO 4, HAVO 5, VWO 6;
- Norway: Vitnemål for Videregående Opplaering;
- Poland: Świadectwo dojrzałości (maturiteitscertificaat);
- Portugal: Diploma/Certificado/Cer tidão do Ensino Secundário;
- Romania: Diplomă de Bacalaureat;
- Slovakia: Vysvedčenie o maturitnej skúške obtained at a Gymnázium or a Vysvedcenie o Maturitnej Skuske with a minimum overall score of 2.4;
- Spain: Título de Bachiller;
- Sweden: Högskoleförberedande Examen;
- Switzerland: Berufsmaturität/ Fachmaturität/ Specialised Maturity Certificate; or Maturity Certificate/ Maturitätszeugnis/ Maturitätsausweis/ Certificat de Maturité;
- UK: BTEC Level 3 National Extended Diploma; or Access to HE Diploma; or 4 GCSEs (with grade A* to C or 9 to 4) plus 2 subjects at AS level (with grade A* to C); or 4 GCSEs (with grade A* to C or 9 to 4) plus 2 subjects at A level (with grade D/E); or 3 GCSEs (with grade A* to C or 9 to 4) plus 3 subjects at A level (with grade A* to C).
- USA: US High School Diploma with GPA 2.8 or better, plus SAT scores (if taken in 2016 or later) of 1050 or better; or US High School Diploma with GPA 2.8 or better, plus SAT scores (if taken before 2016) of 1600 or better; or US High School Diploma with GPA 2.8 or better, plus two or three Advanced Placement tests with scores of 3 or better; or US High School Diploma with GPA 2.8 or better, plus ACT scores of 24 or better; or a transcript showing successful completion of one year of a Bachelor’s degree from a recognised American university with GPA 2.0
- For other countries, please contact us.
- It is not required to apply to the BA (Hons) Fashion Business, but feel free to submit if you have it.
- Students applying to the BA (Hons) Fashion Business will be asked to complete an assignment at home and hand in before the admission interview.
- Year 1: € 15.500, plus application fee € 275;
- Year 2: € 15.500;
- Year 3: € 15.500.
Application fee: € 275
The application fee is due at the moment of application and it’s not refundable unless the Amsterdam Fashion Academy won’t accept you in the programme. This is a one-time fee, so you only need to pay it in the process of admission.
Tuition fee: € 15.500 per year
A deposit (20% of the tuition fee) is requested after the acceptance and before the 30th of April 2022. The remaining amount will be paid before the 15th of July 2022, or according to the payment plan agreed.
Option 1 (no surcharge)
- 20% payment before April 30th, 2022
- 80% payment before July 15th, 2022
Option 2 (+3% surcharge)
- 20% payment before April 30th, 2022
- 40% payment before July 15th, 2022
- 40% payment before January 15th, 2023
Option 3 (+5% surcharge)
- 20% payment before April 30th, 2022
- 20% payment before July 15th, 2022
- 20% payment before October 15th, 2022
- 20% payment before January 15th, 2023
- 20% payment before April 15th, 2023
Students with a Dutch passport and who have resided in the Netherlands for at least three of the preceding six years prior to the date of enrolment, are eligible for student finance from DUO.
The Amsterdam Fashion Academy is a non-governmental and non-subsidized institute.
Fees are equal for Europen and non-European students.
Even though we don’t have a deadline for applications, we encourage you to submit your application before April 2022 to have the opportunity to attend an Interview Day and have the best chance to be offered a place. Applications will stay open also after April 2022 if there will still be spots available.
After evaluating your application, we will might invite you to attend an Interview Day.
The Interview Day is a big opportunity to experience the Amsterdam Fashion Academy for a full day, meet other international applications, explore Amsterdam and work with your future lecturers. Thanks to the Interview Day, you will have a clearer idea if the Amsterdam Fashion Academy is the right place for you.
The Interview Days 2022 will be held on-campus on the following dates:
- Friday, 21st of January 2022 from 10:00am to 4:00pm;
- Friday, 4th of March 2022 from 10:00am to 4:00pm;
- Friday, 8th of April 2022 from 10:00am to 4:00pm.
Feel free to choose the day you prefer.
If you wish to attend an Interview Day, then we kindly ask you to submit your application before the following dates:
- Interview Day January 21st: application deadline is December 15th;
- Interview Day March 4th: application deadline is February 4th;
- Interview Day April 8th: application deadline is March 8th.
Won’t you be able to attend an Interview Day?
No worries, we will be more than happy to schedule a personal interview for you on another date.