Bachelor’s degree Fashion Business (Honours)
This University awarded bachelor’s degree Fashion Business is for students who aspire to work in the fields of Marketing, campaign building, Branding, Communication, Trend & Prediction and Fashion Editorial Styling. It is a multi-disciplinary programme for dynamic individuals who wish to enhance both their creative and academic skills within the world of fashion. Through a combination of theory and hands-on practice, the programme turns students into professionals who understand the language and rules of the fashion system.
Accreditation: Buckinghamshire New University
Duration: 3-year full-time programme
Language: English only
Dates: September 2021 to June 2022
ECTS credits: 180
Tuition fee: € 15.000 per year
Enrolment fee: € 275
Admission: open for admission for 2021-2022 academic year
Maximum number of students: 30 students divided in small groups
The BA (Hons) Fashion Business is a programme of study designed to provide the student with a greater understanding and experience of the creative processes, knowledge base, enterprise development, project management, communication and advanced technical skills required to enter the fashion industry. In addition, the course will enable students to explore the complexity of the numerous job opportunities, and the skills required for different roles within the industry. Being placed within the capital of the Netherlands the programme is able to link closely with both global and SME creative industries and practitioners that resonate Amsterdams reputation as a creative and entrepreneurial city.
The Bachelor’s degree with Honours in Fashion Business is an academic degree course with 120 UK credits (equal to 60 ECTS) per year aligned to the UK Quality Assurance Agency (QAA). This is a university level bachelor’s degree course enabling you to either move on to a master’s degree or work at graduate level in the fashion industry. Topics such as fashion business, styling, branding, project management and historical and contextual studies involve theory, research, written articles applying Harvard referencing and practical assignments, such as managing projects, organisation of photoshoots and development of communications plans. A combination of internships and industry set briefs enable you to develop a thorough understanding of market trends, promotion and professional practice. You will write dissertation in third year along with a Final Major Project demonstrating and applying your expertise. You will learn to critically evaluate current thinking regarding fashion, ethics and sustainability. The aim is to give you the knowledge and tools needed to develop intellectual and innovative thinking, together with insight, confidence and communication skills to express themselves successfully in contemporary business practice. target markets.
MODULES YEAR 1:
- FN412AM Introduction to Fashion Marketing and Branding : Fashion Marketing, Fashion Branding, Content Management (WordPress/Wix), Adobe Photoshop.
- FN414AM Introduction to Fashion Promotion and Styling: Visual Presentation, Photography, Fashion Styling, PR/Event Management, Adobe InDesign.
- FN401AM Historical and Contextual Studies 1: History of Culture and Fashion, Academic Writing Skill, Critical Thinking.
- FN433AM Business Studies and Entrepreneurship: Concept to Consumer & Supply Chain, Clothing Technology & Product Development, Personal Development Plan.
MODULES YEAR 2:
FN513AM Global Marketing: International Marketing, Digital & Neuro-Marketing, Fashion Communication, Facebook Business Manager, Google Adwords, CLO3D .
FN512AM Future Proofing a Fashion Business: International Business, Financial Management, Microsoft Excel for Finance.
FN501AM Historical and Contextual Studies 2: Research Methods & Referencing.
FN531AM Industrial Practice in a Global Context: Personal Leadership and Internship, Business Plan and Go-to-Market Collaborative Project.
MODULES YEAR 3:
- FN603AM Professional Practice: Live Industry and Competition projects.
- FN601AM Contextual Report: Dissertation, Proposal Presentation to Examination Board.
- FN612AM Final Major Project.
Step 1: Fill out the Request for Information form or sign up to an Open Day;
Step 2: We will send you more details by email and we will schedule a call or meeting with you;
Step 3: After the call or meeting, we will send you by email the Application form;
Step 4: Submit the application form; letter of motivations, secondary school diploma or predicted grades.
Step 5: We will invite you to attend an Interview Day or an interview on campus or online on another date. We will also send you an assignment to complete before the interview.
One of the following secondary school diplomas:
- International Baccalaureate Diploma (International schools, UK & US) minimum points of 28;
- Minimum of 2 GCE A-levels (or equivalent);
- Diploma HAVO or VWO (Netherlands);
- Abitur or Fachhochschulreife (Germany);
- Baccalauréat Technologique or Général (France);
- Diploma di istruzione liceale (Italy);
- Access to HE Diploma in an art-related programme with at least 45 credits at Level 3 (UK);
- Foundation Diploma in Art & Design (Level 3);
- Certificat d’Enseignement Secondaire Supérieur, enseignement artistique/technique or general (Belgium);
- KSO, TSO, ASO (Belgium);
- Título de Bachiller (Spain);
- Diplôme de fin d’études secondaires classiques or générales (Luxembourg);
- Berufsmaturität/ Fachmaturität/ Specialised Maturity Certificate or Maturity Certificate/ Maturitätszeugnis/ Maturitätsausweis/ Certificat de Maturité (Switzerland);
- Reife- und Diplomprüfungszeugnis or Reifezeugnis/Reifeprüfungszeugnis (Austria);
- For other countries, please contact us.
Pleased, be informed that we are not legally able to sponsor non-EU students for a study visa, as the programme is validated in the UK. Applicants must have a EU passport or Dutch resident visa to study in the BA (Hons) Fashion Business.
- Year 1: € 15.000, plus enrolment fee € 275;
- Year 2: € 15.000;
- Year 3: € 15.000.
The Amsterdam Fashion Academy is a non-governmental and non-subsidized institute.
Dutch Nationals, who have lived in the Netherlands consecutively during the last 3 years, are eligible to receive studiefinanciering.
Fees are equal for Europen and non-European students.