Are you thinking about coming to study with us at the Amsterdam Fashion Academy? Perhaps you have questions about our courses, how to register, how the selection procedure works or what it is like to study at a fashion academy in Amsterdam? Or maybe you want to transfer from your current university to our Academy?
Applying to one of our undergraduate or foundation programmes is the first important step in your future at Amsterdam Fashion Academy. We greatly appreciate your trust in our academy and we will give your request careful consideration. Choosing the right course at a university that’s right for you is a big decision to make. That’s why we don’t just make our decisions based on a submitted form, but prefer to talk to you during one of our interview days or open days. Your motivation, drive and commitment are just as important to us as your prior education. In order to make the admission process as clear and straightforward as possible, we have split it into four steps.
Request for Information or Open Day
Fill out the Request for Information form of the programme of interest or sign up to an Open Day. We will contact you to schedule an appointment (video call or meeting) to find out more about you and give you more information about the programme.
Fill out the application form:
- Complete the form in each section;
- Upload your letter of motivations or personal statement;
- Upload a digital copy of your secondary school diploma or transcript of grades or proof of enrolment;
- Upload a digital copy of your passport;
- Upload a passport-size photo;
- Upload your portfolio (this is mandatory only for the Bachelor’s degree Fashion Design applicants);
- Pay the application fee of € 275 (see details in the application form).
- We will invite you an Interview Day.
- If you can’t attend the Interview Day, we will propose you another date to you.
- Depending on the programme, you may need to complete an assignment before the Interview Day;
- During the Interview Day, you will also work on a collaborative task with other applicants.
- Within a week following the Interview Day, we will let you know if you have been admitted.
- If so, we will send you the letter of admission and the agreement to sign. At this stage, you will be able to select the payment plan you prefer.
- Once we receive the signed agreement from you, we will send you the invoice.
- Pay the deposit (20% of the tuition fee) before the 28th of April, 2023.
Applications for September 2023 are open.
After evaluating your application, we will may invite you to attend an Interview Day.
The Interview Day is a big opportunity to experience the Amsterdam Fashion Academy for a full day, meet other international applicants, explore Amsterdam and work with your future lecturers. Thanks to the Interview Day, you will have a clearer idea if the Amsterdam Fashion Academy is the right place for you.
The Interview Days 2023 will be held on the following dates:
- On-Campus: Friday, 24th of February 2023 from 10:00am to 5:00pm CET;
- On-Campus: Friday, 10th of March 2023 from 10:00am to 5:00pm CET;
- Online and On-Campus: Friday, 24th of March 2023 from 10:00am to 5:00pm CET.
Depending on that date of the submission of your application, we will invite you to the first available Interview Day.
We will communicate you the result of your Interview Day on the 3rd of April 2023.
For students applying to the Bachelor’s degree Fashion Business or Bachelor’s degree Fashion Design, we remind you that by applying on or before the 3rd of April 2023 and attending an Interview Day, you will benefit of the early bird Year 1 tuition fee of € 16.000.
Won’t be able to attend an Interview Day or to send your application before 3rd of April 2023?
No problem, we will be more than happy to schedule a personal interview for you on another date. However, you will more chances of admission by applying on or before the 3rd of April 2023. After April 2023 most of the places will be assigned already.
Students applying to the Bachelor’s degree Fashion Business or Bachelor’s degree Fashion Design after the 3rd of April 2023: please consider that we will apply the regular tuition fee of € 17.000 per year.
Even though we don’t have a deadline for applications, we encourage you to submit your application before 3rd of March 2023 to have the opportunity to attend an Interview Day and have the best chance of being offered a place. Students applying to the Bachelor’s degree Fashion Business or Bachelor’s degree Fashion Design will also benefit of the early bird tuition fee of € 16.000 for the first year.
If you wish to attend an Interview Day, then we kindly ask you to submit your application before the following dates:
- Interview Day February 24th, 2023: application deadline is February 3rd, 2023;
- Interview Day March 10th, 2023: application deadline is February 24th, 2023;
- Interview Day March 24th, 2023: application deadline is March 10th, 2023.