Are you thinking about coming to study with us at the Amsterdam Fashion Academy? Perhaps you have questions about our courses, how to register, how the selection procedure works or what it is like to study at a fashion academy in Amsterdam? Or maybe you want to transfer from your current university to our Academy?
Applying to one of our undergraduate or foundation programmes is the first important step in your future at Amsterdam Fashion Academy. We greatly appreciate your trust in our academy and we will give your request careful consideration. Choosing the right course at a university that’s right for you is a big decision to make. That’s why we don’t just make our decisions based on a submitted form, but prefer to talk to you during one of our interview days or open days. Your motivation, drive and commitment are just as important to us as your prior education. In order to make the admission process as clear and straightforward as possible, we have split it into four steps.
Fill out the application form:
- Complete the form in each section;
- Upload your letter of motivations or personal statement;
- Upload a digital copy of your secondary school diploma or transcript of grades or proof of enrolment;
- Upload a digital copy of your passport;
- Upload a passport-size photo;
- Upload your portfolio (this is mandatory only for the Bachelor’s degree Fashion Design applicants);
- Pay the application fee of € 350 (see details in the application form).
- We will invite you an Interview Day.
- If you can’t attend the Interview Day, we will propose you another date to you.
- Depending on the programme, you may need to complete an assignment before the Interview Day;
- During the Interview Day, you will also work on a collaborative task with other applicants.
- Within 2 weeks following the Interview Day, we will let you know if you have been admitted.
- If so, we will send you the letter of admission and the agreement to sign. At this stage, you will be able to select the payment plan you prefer.
- Once we receive the signed agreement from you, we will send you the invoice.
- Pay the deposit (20% of the tuition fee) before or on the 10th of April, 2024 (early bird tuition fee) or after 10th of April, 2024 (regular tuition fee).
Experience the Amsterdam Fashion Academy like never before during our exclusive Open Days. These personalized experience, led by our experienced lecturers, offer an in-depth exploration of the fashion world.
Explore our campus, including captivating fashion exhibitions, receive detailed explanations about our programs, and seize the opportunity to connect with our community of current students and accomplished alumni. Plus, prepare to immerse yourself in our exciting hands-on workshops, allowing you to discover your passion and potential firsthand.
Applications for September 2024 are open.
After evaluating your application, we will may invite you to attend an Interview Day.
The Interview Day is a big opportunity to experience the Amsterdam Fashion Academy for a full day, meet other international applicants, explore Amsterdam and work with your future lecturers. Thanks to the Interview Day, you will have a clearer idea if the Amsterdam Fashion Academy is the right place for you.
The Interview Days 2024 will be held on the following dates:
- On-Campus: Friday, 2nd of February 2024 from 10:00am to 5:00pm CET; (depending on your time slot)
- Online and On-Campus: Friday, 1st of March 2024 from 10:00am to 5:00pm CET; (depending on your time slot)
- Online and On-Campus: Friday, 22nd of March 2024 from 10:00am to 5:00pm CET; (depending on your time slot)
*The interview will take approx. 1 hour.
Depending on that date of the submission of your application, we will invite you to the first available Interview Day.
We will communicate you the result of your Interview Day on March 2024.
Our application deadline is on the 5th of March, 2024. We encourage you to submit your application before this date to have the opportunity to attend an Interview Day and have the best chance of being offered a place.
For the Bachelor’s degree Fashion Business or Bachelor’s degree Fashion Design:
Students paying the deposit (20% of the tuition fee) before or on the 10th of April, 2024, will benefit of the early bird tuition fee of € 16.000.
Students paying the deposit (20% of the tuition fee) after the 10th of April,2024, please consider that we will apply the regular tuition fee of € 17.000 per year.