A Boutique Fashion Academy in Amsterdam
If you value small classes and personal attention, then the Amsterdam Fashion Academy is the ideal place to study for your university awarded fashion bachelor’s degree with Honours programmes.
Who we are as boutique academy is not a marketing ploy, but an integral part of our vision. Our educational vision focuses on those students who do not feel at home in regular ‘mass’ education. The Amsterdam Fashion Academy is a unique, boutique academy: a veritable Valhalla for fashion mavericks. The combination of stylish sophistication with unconventional individualism makes the Amsterdam Fashion Academy a cut above the rest: high-end and high quality.
- Founded in 2013;
- Acquired by Luiss Business School, part of Luiss University, in 2020;
- 90 full-time students in the academic year 2020-2021;
- Average of 115 part-time students per year;
- 15 lecturers coming from different countries;
- Student – teacher ratio is 7 – 1;
- Average age of full-time students is 18-23 years old;
- 73% of students are international;
- 27% of students are Dutch;
- Students come from 24 different countries;
- Intake per year: 15 to 30, depending on the course;
- Accredited in the UK by Buckinghamshire New University;
- Offering Bachelor of Arts with Honours degrees (higher academic level than HBO).
Less is more
This small and intimate fashion academy in Amsterdam only has a limited number of places making each one precious. This means that those who study here are highly motivated and eager to liberate and develop their creative spirit. We have the highest quality of teaching staff who flourish in the informal and friendly atmosphere along with being given the time and space needed to nurture individual talent and creativity. They get the most out of students not just thanks to their knowledge and enthusiasm but by making learning personal and bespoke.
Unleash your potential
Our discerning students want to be treated as individuals and not just as ‘this year’s intake’. We want to get to know them personally, grow with them and help them unleash their creative potential while equipping them with all the skills and knowledge they need for a successful future in fashion.
Amsterdam Fashion Academy has consciously chosen to be a hub of small-scale, personal, student-centred learning in a supportive environment ensuring that we can foster the individual needs and talents of each student and ensure that they each get the support and assistance they require to develop their talents to the full. A cultural and social hub where everyone knows, helps and inspires one another.